Pallet:400 x 400 mm
X: 560 mm Y: 640 mm Z: 640 mm
Makino understands that one of the largest drivers of per-piece costs is the cycle time. Cycle time drives the number of machines required, but it also has far-reaching cost implications affecting labor, floor space, utilities and durable tooling. The a40 features Makino’s intelligent ROI design, a collection of innovative technologies designed to slash unproductive non-cut times from your part process.
- Responsive #40 spindle accelerates to 12,000 rpm in 0.5 seconds.
- Quickly complete common tapping operations with the 6,000 RPM Rigid tapping synchronization speed.
- Minimize feature-to-feature positioning time with a linear axis that reaches full rapid traverse rates 18 percent faster than typical competitors.
- Inertia active control (IAC) evaluates fixture and tool weights to optimize acceleration performance of multiple machine systems.
Unplanned downtime is devastating in high-volume die-cast production machining. Reliability of your machining system is a paramount consideration. The a40 uses several of the robust, proven systems from Makino’s 1-Series horizontal machining centers. Systems like single-piece X- and Z-axis covers, center trough chip/coolant management and dual-supported ATC mechanisms have solidified Makino as the industry leader in reliability. The a40 leverages these proven technologies, but then advances reliability with new systems ensuring reliable operation.
- Standard vision-type broken-tool detection supports unattended operation by quickly validating the condition of the cutting tools after each tool change.
- Dedicated tool taper cleaning nozzles wash the tool taper with 20μ filtered coolant with each tool change, ensuring contamination-free tool clamping.
- Three-stage coolant filtration with 20μ hydro-cyclone eliminates coolant tank sludge common with non-ferrous part machining, extending time between coolant system preventive maintenance or cleaning.